Recently we were contacted by Jane Manifold of Banchory Farm, a provider of luxury rental lodges, who was looking to create an on-site laundry. Banchory Farm consists of the farm itself, along with 4 luxury self-catering farm cottages. Jane had identified an old byre, as the ideal location to be converted into the new on-site laundry.
How We Worked With The Client
Our Sales Manager, Scott Falconer, initially met with Jane Manifold to get a better understanding of what they were looking to achieve, the brief for us was very clear, the new on-site laundry should be capable of not just meeting the laundry needs of the farm and its guests, but also provide substantial cost & time savings for their laundry operation.
We then outlined a proposal, complete with a fully costed quotation that would meet the needs of the business. This proposal also included anticipated energy and detergent consumptions as well as the potential labour requirement in the form of operator hours.
The proposed benefits that the creation of an on-site laundry facility would provide, included:
- Savings from not needing the expensive outsourcing of laundry to 3rd party contractors
- Improved control over the management of the laundry facility
- No ongoing need for laundry deliveries & collections, which in-turn would reduce the business’s carbon impact on its rural location
- No need to contend with problems linked to disruption caused by seasonal weather
- Providing the business with complete control over the quality of the finished laundry
- A new laundry base for the housekeeping team to manage operations, store cleaning products, consumables and linen
The Machine Installation & Staff Training
We assisted Banchory Farm with a CAD design of the new laundry area, and worked closely with the renovation construction team lead person to ensure the smooth installation of the new machines on-site.
We also arranged for full product training for all Banchory Farm staff to ensure they understood how the new equipment works, as well as being on-hand after the installation was complete to provide support where needed by the client.
Speaking about the install, Thain Commercial’s Sales Manager, Scott Falconer said “This was a great project to work on, as it brought many benefits to the client once the new on-site laundry was created”.
We were very impressed by the professional approach from start to finish that Thain Commercial took with this job. They were there every step of the way with us to advise us on the best possible set up for our new facility and then help make this become a reality
Can We Help?
Our team of product experts are on hand to advise on our entire range of products and services. Fill in some details and we'll be back in touch as soon as possible.